Valentine’s Day, February 14, the day of love they say. People across the world celebrate it much fanfare and find newer and unique ways to express their love to their partners, companions, spouses or whichever relationship they are in.
It is often said, the road to a heart often passes through stomach. At Flavours To Savour, I prepared an easy-to-make, quick and unique recipe which will help you impress your love, on this Valentine’s Day.
Surprise Strawberries as I have named it, the recipe is all about a blend of spunk and delirious taste of strawberry and chocolate.
It does not require any fancy ingredients and takes very less time to prepare. When I prepared it at my home, this weekend, it was loved by one and all.
The recipe is a bite sized dessert and will surprise your love with the hidden Nutella Mousse as they take the first bite of it. The chocolate coating will add the bite and sweetness to it.
It’s a nice way to have a li’l hide ‘n’ seek with your partner, this Valentines. Even if you are single, just remember self-love comes first. So why not give yourself a delightful treat. And love yourself more.
One can prepare it for any occasion as it can be a perfect side option as a dessert. And with the season of strawberry just begun, the recipe of ‘Surprise Strawberries’ is just what you will need when you step in the kitchen next.
Main Ingredient: Strawberry | Course: Dessert
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serves: 10-20 persons
- Level of Cooking: Easy
- Taste: Sweet
- Whipped Cream – ½ cup
- Nutella – 1/6th cup
- Strawberry – 20 (or more as per requirement)
- Melted Chocolate – 250 grams
- Cookie – 1 (crumbled)
- Whip the Cream well till the peaks starts forming, and it gets firm.
- Add Nutella to the Cream and mix it well.
- Wash the Strawberries well.
- Then slice the top of Strawberry. Don’t throw it away, keep it with the Strawberries.
- Then scoop a little part of Strawberry from the center using thin knife. Be careful while doing this process.
- After that fill in the center with some Nutella Mouse that you made, with the help of a piping bag.
- Pack the Strawberry top again with the lid that we separated out earlier. It gets stuck and feels as if it was never separated.
- Then dip the lower portion of Strawberry in melted Chocolate and take it out. Coat the Chocolate with some Cookie crumbs.
- Keep in on a plate, and put in the fridge for 5-10 minutes, for it to set.
- After 5-10 minutes, take it out. It’s ready to serve! Enjoy the cool Surprise Strawberries!!
- You can modify the quantity of Nutella as per your requirement.
- More the Chocolate, more the fun, right!?