The brazen heat in the month of April reminds us well that the summer has arrived. The sweet tooth in all of us craves to have desserts before and after the meals. Be it an ice cream, a sweet, a bowl of curd, a spoonful of Shrikhand, or a piece of chocolate – I love them all. I prefer my desserts to be served after I complete my meals.
Some people don’t prefer to have desserts during or after their meals too. They love to consume it at their own time. Well, we at, Flavours To Savour, have come up with one of the easiest and quickest recipes to calm your sweet tooth.
I was waiting to make this ‘Dry Fruit Shrikhand’ and what better that I got to prepare it during the summer time. Since it turned out to be better than what I had initially planned of I thought to share this amazing Shrikhand recipe with you all. And, if you happen to be a Shrikhand lover, trust me you are going to love it when you try this recipe! (Also read: Watermelon Ice Cooler: Beat Your Summer Blues With This Slushy Drink!)
Main Ingredient: Hung Curd
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Prep Time: 2 Hours
Level of Cooking: Easy
- Hung Curd – 1 ½ Cup
- Powdered Sugar – ½ Cup + 2 Teaspoons
- Ilaichi (Cardamom) Powder – ¼ Teaspoons
- Kesar (Saffron) – a Pinch
- Chopped Dry Fruits (Pistachio & Almonds) – 2 Teaspoons
- Take the Hung Curd in a bowl and add Powdered Sugar to it.
- Blend it well for 10 minutes, till it forms a thick-yet-smooth consistency; a sort of Puree but there shouldn’t be lumps in it.
- Add Cardamom powder, Saffron, and chopped Dry Fruits to the mixture of Curd and Sugar.
- Mix it well with a spatula and keep it in the refrigerator to cool for about 2 hours at least.
After 2 hours, bring it out of the refrigerator; garnish it with some more chopped Dry Fruits.
- Your Dry Fruit Shrikhand is ready to serve!
- You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar as per your taste and sourness of the curd.
- Also, you can increase or decrease flavours as per your taste preferences.
- You can use an electric blender or normal hand blender to blend the mixture well!
Do let us know how it turned out for you in the comments section below. Like and Share it with your friends! 🙂
For more such recipes, follow us on: