Summers are about to knock our doors! And as the summer season arrives, they also call for the need to stay hydrated. We all should keep drinking water timely to keep ourselves cool throughout the summers. However, as much as consuming water is helpful, it gets a little too boring at times to have water all the time.
To beat your summer blues this year, we at Flavours to Savour, bring to you a very cool and refreshing drink to satiate your thirst. This water-based drink is not only energetic but will also take care of your taste buds in the sweltering heat. The following drink is going to keep you rejuvenated when you feel the summer heat bogging you down, the entire season.
It is none other than Virgin Mojito! It is a mocktail of flavours – a blend of sweet, sour and mint. The mint leaves in it gives it a refreshing flavour. With Lime as one of its main ingredient, this summer drink will help you keep yourself fit too. The good thing about the drink is that it is liked by people across all age-groups, loved particularly by the youngsters.
This ‘Virgin Mojito’ recipe is really quick and easy to prepare. If you have some uninvited guests about to land at your home or a party is planned last-minute; you can serve this quick, quirky, and quintessential quality drink.
Main Ingredient: Lime
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Prep Time: 1-2 hours
Level of Cooking: Easy
Taste: Sweet & Sour
- Lime Sugar Syrup (Sharbat) – 3 Tablespoons
- Crushed Ice – As per your suitability
- Ice Cold Water – 1 Cup
- Mint Leaves – 5-10 Leaves
- Coriander Leaves – 5-10 Cloves
- Salt (Optional)
- Lemon Slice (For Garnishing)
- Soak Mint and Coriander leaves in 1 cup of Ice Cold Water for 1-2 hours. Or if you are in a hurry, soaking them for only 15 minutes would be fine too!
- For the Mojito, add Sugar and Lime Syrup in the glass.
- Add the Soaked Mint Leaves and Coriander Leaves with the Water in the glass.
- Add a pinch of Salt if you like. Give it a quick stir!
- Add lots of Crushed Ice in the glass.
- Top it with a slice of Lime.
- Voila, your Lime Mojito is ready!
- It would be better if you Soak the Mint and Coriander leaves in 1 cup of ice cold water for overnight.
- It gives you better flavour if the leaves are soaked in ice cold water for longer.
Do let us know how it turned out for you in the comments section below. Like and Share it with your friends! 🙂
For more such recipes, follow us on: