How to make Paneer (popularly known as Cottage Cheese) – if you, too, are bothered by this question, then we have a simple solution for you. We see a huge list of items on every menu that has Cottage Cheese as its main ingredient. They are so delicious that they make us drool over them, just by reading their names. So what’s the problem? Falling short of ideas of how to make Paneer at home? Are you searching for a simple recipe and not being able to find one? Quick Recipe: Paneer Parcel – Prepare This Easy-to-Prepare Savoury Dish This Summer Season!
Here, at Flavours To Savour, we present a simple 5-step easy recipe to make Cottage Cheese at home. You will need no fancy ingredients, utensils, and tools to prepare this amazing Homemade Paneer recipe. Easy Recipe: Falhari Paneer Dry Fruit Patties
Cottage Cheese is one of the most delicious food items. It is the whole-and-soul item for people who are vegetarians, as you can club it with a number of combinations. Be it a snack, an appetiser, a main course dish, or any delicious item – it is one of the most-loved food items on a platter. Do let me know if you have any questions related to it in the comments sections below. Also Read: Paneer Pizza Bread Sticks Recipe
Item: Paneer (Cottage Cheese) | Main Ingredient: Milk
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Wait Time: 4 hours (for 2nd recipe)
- Level of Cooking: Easy
- Milk – 1 to 1.5 Litres
- Citric Acid or Tartari – ½ teaspoon
- Boil the Milk to a very hot temperature
- Switch off the flame when it has started to boil
- Add Citric Acid or Tartari to the milk and give it a mix. Leave it idle for a minute
- You will soon see the Paneer separating from the water in the pan
- Filter the solid part out of the mixture and your crumbly Paneer is ready!
Now, if you want to convert this into the Paneer that we get in the market exactly, then follow the following steps:
- Tie all of this crumbly Paneer in a cloth and place a tight knot on it
- Place a plate on this package of Cottage Cheese. Keep something heavy on the plate to apply some pressure
- Leave it in this (idle) manner for 3-4 hours
- After 4 hours, remove the pressure and open the knot of the cloth.
- Your market-like, or say readymade-like, Paneer is ready. You can use it in different recipes and cut it into different shapes, and enjoy!