With monsoon season on its last leg; and add to it, the enthusiasm of Independence Day, anyone would crave for a savoury dish! Would you not? Hence, a special recipe for a special day. Celebrate India’s 72 years of freedom by munching on this lip-smacking Paneer Parcel dish; be it during your lunch or dinner, or you can even have it as evening snacks.
Any food item that has Paneer as its main ingredient; more often than not it is heavenly for vegetarian people. For most of them; take Paneer, blend in a few spices, then either roast, fry, or cook it; you can serve it with some tangy sauce variant or varieties of gravy! Or? One can even fry it and then serve it with different chutneys or spices.
Well, the possibilities are endless. Isn’t it? I love Paneer, a lot! However, Cheese remains my first love! Keeping things short, I was wondering as to what recipe I can share with you guys this time around. With monsoon season still raring to go, and add to it the national holiday for Independence Day – it had to be a little different, if not unique.
The last time I made Paneer Parcels, I told myself that I should share it at such a moment. So if you plan to try out a new recipe of Paneer, you can very well try Paneer Parcel. You can also call it a Paneer Sandwich Parcel because the shape that it takes after cooking is something similar. And honestly, would you even care about the form, if you get to eat hot-fried Paneer item with delicious sauce or gravy?
So, without wasting much of your time, we at Flavours to Savour, bring you a new recipe which you can (read: should) try out on 15th August. This Independence Day, celebrate it with a special Paneer recipe, which is easy to make!
Main Ingredient: Paneer | Cuisine: Indian
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Level of Cooking: Medium
Taste: Spicy and Savoury
- Oil – To fry
- Paneer- 150 Grams
- Gram flour (Besan) – ⅓ Cup
- Water- ¼ Cup
- Salt – As Per Taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Garam Masala – ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 2 Pinches
For Sandwich Mixture:
- Potato – 1 (Medium Sized, Boiled and Mashed)
- Salt – As Per Taste
- Red Chilli Powder -1/2 Teaspoon
- Sauf- 1 Teaspoon
- Hing – A Pinch
- Rock Salt- 1 Teaspoon
- Take all the (Batter) ingredients in a bowl to make it (the batter).
- Mix them thoroughly to make sure there are no lumps left.
- For Sandwich Mixture, mix all the ingredients (Potato, Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Sauf, Hing, and Rock Salt) in another bowl.
- Dice Paneer into long but bit thin cuboids.
- Take a slice of Paneer and place a little of Potato mixture between the 2 slices of Paneer, just like a Sandwich. Now, dip the Paneer Sandwich in the batter of Gram Flour (Besan).
- Coat the batter well.
- Take Oil in a pan to fry. Keep the container on the stove.
- Now put those Paneer Sandwiches (which are already dipped in the batter), into the hot oil in the pan.
- Let them fry from all the sides. Fry the Paneer Sandwiches Parcel, till it turns orangish brown.
- Once fried, put off the stove and take out the Paneer Parcels on a tissue paper.
- Serve it with Mint-Coriander Chutney and enjoy the (about-to-end) monsoon season!
- Be careful while you dip the Paneer Sandwiches into the oil. A little carelessness might cause an injury.
- You won’t realise what you are missing until you give it a try. Trust me; you won’t!