Navratri is the auspicious occasion which marks the start of the Hindu New year. Chaitra Navratri is celebrated to worship Lord Rama. Navratri is a Hindi word which means Nav-9 Ratri-Nights. As we welcome the festival of Chaitra Navratri, we see a lot of people observe fasting during the 9-day period.
An individual fasts partially or throughout these 9 days. During this fasting period, they can only have some particular food items. There are lots of recipes that are prepared to quench the appetite of those people who are fasting during this period.
Therefore, at Flavours to Savour, we bring to you the recipe of ‘Falhari Paneer Dry Fruit Patties’, an appetizer, which is quick to make and delicious to have, while you are still fasting. You can accompany these with the coriander mint green chutney.
I have always tried to experiment variety of recipes at different occasions. This festive season of Navratri gives me a perfect opportunity to bring to you all a recipe which I have been willing to share with you all for a long time! Must Try This Summer – Virgin Mojito Recipe: This Quick, Quirky and Quintessential Lime Drink Recipe is a must-have this season!
I was quite delighted when I prepared it for the guests at my home, a couple of days back. Do try this recipe at your home and let us know if you liked it.
Main Ingredients: Potato, Paneer, and Dry Fruits
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: Approximately 10 units
Level of Cooking: Medium
Taste: Salty; bit sweet too
- Potatoes – 4 – Boiled
- Paneer – 100 grams – Grated
- Green Chilli (Optional) – 2 – Finely Chopped
- Coriander – 2 Tablespoons – Finely Chopped
- Dry Fruits – As per the taste
- Salt – As per the taste
- Oil – For the frying purpose
- Coriander Mint Green Chutney – Savoury add-on
- Peel and mash the boiled Potatoes.
- Add finely chopped Green Chilli and Coriander to it.
- Add grated Paneer to it. Add Salt to taste.
- Mix it well and form a dough.
- Form small balls (size, as per your choice) out of the soft dough formed.
- Stuff the balls with dry fruits and roll them again.
- Heat the Oil to fry.
- Once done, fry the balls on high flame.
- Fry them till they turn golden brown.
- Your Falhari Paneer Dry Fruits Patties are now ready.
- Savour them hot with fresh Coriander chutney!
- You can also make these Patties by varying the stuffing of your choice, in daily routine.
Do let us know how this quick-bite recipe turned out for you in the comments section below. Like and Share it with your friends! 🙂
For more such recipes, follow us on: