Who wouldn’t love a Sandwich, which is also Toast or Grilled, and is of a spunky flavour altogether? Add to it, the current season of Monsoon too! Doesn’t it sound a perfect Toast/Grill Sandwich already? Well, since everyone’s experiencing the joy of rains, we at Flavours To Savour thought to come up with a recipe, i.e. of Achari Masala Toast/Grill Sandwich, to complement your already delightful experience.
As the rainy season has finally arrived, everyone gets that craving of having some food item that is fried or roasted. At that point in time, one even forgets to stick to his health or the diet plan that he or she is following. Here, with this recipe, you will not have to worry about anything. It doesn’t make you use Ghee and Oil; also, the Butter that is used is also of a feeble amount only. This Masala Achari Toast/Grill Sandwich makes sure that no diet plan or your health routine is disturbed. (Also Read: Homemade Virgin Mojito Recipe: This Quick, Quirky And Quintessential Lime Drink Is A Must-Have With Snacks’ Items).
The recipe worked wonders for me when my distant relatives had visited my home recently. At that point in time, I had thought of sharing it with you guys. The good thing about it is that it can be made as both, Snack and Main Course! Well, do try this Achari Masala Sandwich at your home, and do let us know how it turned out to be!
Main Ingredient: Bread and Potato | Course: Appetiser
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Serves: 2 Individuals
Level of Cooking: Easy
For the Aloo Masala:
- Potatoes – 2 (Boiled)
- Black Salt – 1 Teaspoon
- Salt – 1 Teaspoon (Or as per your taste)
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Jeera Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Onion – 1 (Finely Chopped)
- Coriander – 2 Tablespoons (Finely Chopped)
For the Sandwich:
- Bread Slices- 4
- Achaar (Pickle) – 2 Teaspoons
- Hung Curd – 3 Teaspoons (How To Make Hung Curd? Learn Easy Steps To Prepare It At Home)
- Butter – 2 Teaspoons
- Tomato Ketchup – To serve with the Sandwich (Optional)
- Green Coriander Mint Chutney – To serve with the Sandwich (Green Chutney Recipe: Step-By-Step Guide To Prepare Mint Coriander Chutney Easily)
1. Peel and mash the boiled Potatoes (as shown in the pictures below).
2. To the mashed Potatoes – add Black Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Salt, Chopped Onion, Chopped Coriander, and Jeera Powder (Optional). Mix them well.
3. Take 2 bread slices. Apply a thin layer of the Potato mixture on one side of both the Bread slices (as shown in the pictures below).
4. Take one of the Bread slices and apply a single layer of Hung Curd over the Potato mixture.
5. Take another Bread slice and apply just a single coat of Achaar (Pickle) over the Potato mixture.
6. Now, bring both the slices together to club it as a Sandwich. Apply little Butter over the top layer and keep it in the Sandwich grilling machine (as shown in the pictures below).
7. Keep checking if the Sandwich is wholly grilled or not. It usually takes 5-10 minutes for a Sandwich to get adequately roasted.
8. Once the Sandwich is grilled, take it out cautiously; cut the grilled Sandwich into 4 or 9 pieces, as you like it.
9. Serve it with Tomato Ketchup and Mint-Coriander Chutney, and there’s a dish you can enjoy this Monsoon. Happy Eating!
- How to check if the Sandwich is grilled? The top of the Sandwich turns to golden brown.