Curd Rice is a very popular South Indian Dish as all of us might know. The dish has very simple-yet -tasteful flavours. This dish is a complete one-pot-meal in itself and can be cooked in only 10 minutes. Also, this dish is an amazing pick when you have some leftover Rice from last night. The dish uses very basic ingredients that are easily available at home; therefore, you would also not need to run out of the house to grab the ingredients.
One can really enjoy the dish in the summer season. Making this Curd Rice recipe at home is so easy and effortless. People of every age group, simply love it. And this is one of the best dishes to have when one is facing indigestion.
What else can a housewife, or someone who is alone at home, would want when the leftovers are finished in such quick, easy and flavourful way? This dish can become one of your go-to dishes. (Also Read: Shrikhand Recipe: Easy And Quick Dessert To Try During This Summer!)
Just try it once at home for your family, and trust me all of them are just going to love it. Enjoy!
Main Ingredient: Curd & Rice | Course: Main Course
Cook Time: 5-10 mins
Serves: 2 persons
Level of Cooking: Easy
Taste: Sour and Mild
- Curd – 1 Cup
- Boiled Rice – 2 Cups
- Fresh Cream – 1-2 Tablespoon
- Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Urad Dal – 1 Teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds – 1 Teaspoon
- Dried Red Chilli (2) or 1 Finely chopped Green Chilli (optional)
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a pinch
- Curry leaves – 10-15
- Salt to taste 1 tbsp
- Fresh Coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Add Curd, Rice, Fresh Cream and Salt to a bowl and mix all of it well while mashing the Rice a bit.
- In a pan, add some Oil and let it heat.
- As the Oil heats up add Urad Dal, Mustard Seeds, Red Chilli/Green Chilli, Asafoetida and Curry Leaves to the Oil and toss it for 20 seconds. Switch off the flame.
- Add this Tadka to the mixture of Curd and Rice and mix all of it well.
- Top it with some fresh Coriander leaves and your Curd Rice is ready to serve.
- Serve the dish with some Pickle or Papad to enjoy the dish thoroughly.
- Chill the Curd and Rice for 10-15 minutes before serving for better taste. (Also read: How To Make Hung Curd? Learn Easy Steps To Prepare It At Home)