Sabudana Vada is one of the most-loved recipes prepared during the fasting period. As the festival of Navratri is nearing, we thought to bring you a simple-yet-delicious recipe to cook during the auspicious festival. You are inevitably going to love this Sabudana Vada recipe; the only thing is that you will need to be a little extra cautious while dealing with the hot oil! Navratri Special Recipe: Falhari Paneer Dry Fruit Patties.
One may think that it might be a tough dish to prepare; however, it is not. There are easy steps to make this tasty fasting recipe.
With limited ingredients and no requirement of fancy tools in its preparation, Sabudana Vada is one of the go-to dishes for the people who fast. Not only during fasting, one can savour this dish even during one is not fasting. Must Try This Summer – Virgin Mojito Recipe: This Quick, Quirky and Quintessential Lime Drink Recipe is a must-have this season!
This festive season, when you have guests lined up, or on a weekend when you are craving to cook food, you can give this simple-yet-scrumptious recipe a try. Do let me know in the comments section below if you liked the recipe!
Main Ingredient: Sabudana | Course: Appetizer
Cook Time: 30 mins
Serves: 4 persons
Level of Cooking: Medium
- Oil – To Fry
- Sabudana – 1 Cup
- Potatoes (Boiled) – 3 Medium-sized
- Peanuts (Crushed Roasted) – 2 Teaspoons
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Green Chilli (Chopped) – 1 (Optional)
- Jeera – ½ Teaspoon
- Coriander (Chopped) – As Per Taste
- Table Salt – As Per Taste (Use Rock Salt, If Fasting)
- Take 1 cup of Sabudana. Soak it in about 1 bowl of Water. Cover it with a lid and keep it for overnight.
- In the morning, you will find that your Sabudana is all ready to be cooked.
- Mash the boiled Potatoes. Add the Sabudana to it. Also add crushed Peanuts, Salt, Red Chilli Powder, Jeera, and chopped Coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Now pull out small balls from the batter and give them a patty shape. Don’t forget to press the patty well. This will ensure the patty doesn’t burst while frying.
- Once your Patties are ready, deep fry them in hot Oil. Make sure to be careful and stay safe while frying the Vadas.
- Once the Vadas turn golden-brownish, you can take them out on an absorbent paper to absorb all the excess Oil.
- Tadaa!! Your Sabudana Vadas are ready. Serve it with some Mint-Coriander chutney. And enjoy! 🙂
- To be safe from the risk of frying, you can also shallow fry the Sabudana Vada. It would be much healthier too.
- You can adjust Red Chilli powder and Green Chilli as per your liking of spicy food!