Watermelon is a seasonal fruit which is very easily available in the market in the ‘summer’ season. Watermelon is loved by many of us! It is a great source to beat the scorching heat and stay hydrated throughout. It is believed that watermelon is just water and sugar but then that’s not true!
Watermelon has so much more to it. It is a casket of nutrients, vitamin & minerals. It contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Calcium, Magnesium, Fibre, Protein, and lots of Potassium. It prevents Heat Strokes, helps regulate Blood Pressure, prevents Cancer, controls Diabetes and reduces other Heart Problems too. My God! The fruit has so many benefits and we’d always thought of it as a yummy sweet fruit only. Must Try This Summer – Virgin Mojito Recipe: This Quick, Quirky and Quintessential Lime Drink Recipe is a must-have this season!
This time at Flavours To Savour we are bringing to you a very healthy drink with this super healthy fruit as its core ingredient. It is not just healthy but yummy and super-easy to prepare too. Also, it can be prepared very easily whenever you have some uninvited guests. Also, you can serve this drink to your kids rather than resorting to the same old & plain method of serving the watermelons on a plate; trust me, the kids are going to love it!
Main Ingredient: Watermelon
Course: Cold Beverage
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5-10 minutes
Serves: Approximately 10 units
Level of Cooking: Easy
Taste: Sour and Sweet
- Watermelon (cut into cubes) – 20-30 Pieces approximately
- Ice (Crushed) – As per requirement
- Rock Salt- 2 Pinches
- Lime Juice – 5-10 Drops
- Powdered Sugar – ½ Teaspoon
- Mint Leaves & Ice Cubes –For Garnishing
- Add Watermelon, Rock Salt, Sugar and Lime Juice in a Blender.
- Blend it well till it forms a smoothie’s consistency.
- Add Crushed Ice to the glass.
- Pour the Watermelon mixture into the glass.
- Add few more Ice Cubes on the top.
- Top it with some Mint leaves and your Watermelon Ice Cooler is ready to serve!
It is always refreshing to have a sweet-n-sour cooler during the summer time, and what better if it is nutritious too. However, we know that not everybody would love to have a Watermelon Shake all the time. Hence, we are sharing with you another recipe to help you relish in the blistering heat! Also Read: All Nutella lovers check out this Nutellicious recipe to beat your summer blues!
- If you are a health freak you can replace sugar with a teaspoon of Honey.
- If you don’t like your Slushy drink sweet, you can remove the Sugar from the recipe completely.
Do let us know how this quick-bite recipe turned out for you in the comments section below. Like and Share it with your friends! 🙂
For more such recipes, follow us on: