Sev Puri Chaat, who doesn’t love it? Known to many as ‘Mumbai’s Sev Puri’, a lot of people drool over this snack item. I love it much! Whenever I crave road-side food or something which is a mix of sour, sweet and spicy, I think of having a plate of Sev Puri Chaat!
A scrumptious food-item, making Sev Puri Chaat will take less time if you have stocked Tamarind (Meethi) and Coriander (Green) chutney in your refrigerator. (Also Read: Green Chutney Recipe: Step-By-Step Guide To Prepare Mint Coriander Chutney Easily)
You can prepare this if your friends are due to come home for light snacks or brunch. Sev Puri is a dish which can be prepared even when your guests are to come home. I have prepared it for a number of times and it has tasted really nice!
Sev Puri Chaat can be prepared in many forms; with variations being additional Curd, Bhel, or other Namkeen items. However, to keep things sweet and simple, Flavours To Savour brings to you an easy-to-make recipe, the next time you think of preparing Sev Puri Chaat!
Do try this recipe at your home and let me know if you liked it.
Main Ingredient: Potato
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Level of Cooking: Easy
Taste: Sour, Sweet & Spicy
For Potato Mixture:
- Potatoes (Boiled) – 1 Potato
- Salt – As per taste
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Rock Salt – ½ Teaspoon
- Jeera Powder – ½ Teaspoon
For Sev Puri:
- Puri (Papdi) – 10-12 Units
- Tamarind Chutney – As per taste
- Green Coriander Chutney – As per taste
- Red Garlic Chutney – As per taste
- Chopped Onion – 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped Raw Mango (Kerry) – 1 Teaspoon
- Baarik Bhujia (Nylon Sev) – 4-5 Tablespoons
- Coriander – Handful, for garnishing
- Take the boiled Potato; peel it off and mash them.
- To the mashed potatoes – Add Salt, Red Chilli Powder, and Rock Salt; mix them well!
- Place all the Puris on a plate; as shown in the image.
- Place the Potato mixture on the Puris.
- Then top all the Puris with Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chutney, Red Spicy Chutney, and Chopped Onions.
- Sprinkle loads of Baarik Bhujia over it and top it off by adding chopped Raw Mango.
- Garnish the dish with some fresh Coriander leaves.
- Your mouthwatering Sev Puri is ready to be served!
1. You can vary the Chutneys and their quantity as per your taste.