Kheeranand is one of the many sweet dishes that I have loved growing up. So much so that making Kheeranand all by myself has been a long time wish. It’s an ancestral dish – something that one can call it as a food item handpicked from Rajasthan’s rich heritage.
And who doesn’t love to try their traditional dish all by themselves? I really love it – the cooking part and also the fact that it’s a traditional food item.
Now, there are many confusions that people have when they talk about Kheeranand. Also, it’s name sounds similar to the other popular dish ‘Kheer’ as well. But Kheeranand is way different than Kheer. It’s thicker, puffier, and even a bit sweeter than the Kheer.
And I planned to make ‘Shekhavati Kheeranand’, because I was craving for it for a long time now. So, I put my apron, and it was time for action in ‘The Engineer’s Kitchen’. (Also try : The Kesar Pista Kulfi at your Home)
The Kheeranand recipe turned out be really nice. I felt a bit more elated when my family praised me about the Rajasthani feels they felt while savouring it. I decided to plate it in the traditional ‘kulhad’ (small sized earthen pots), and added a bit of ancestral touch to make it a complete package.
Well, if you are planning to make an easy and quick-to-make dessert or a sweet dish at your home, and want to test your culinary side, I am sure that you will be very happy to make this variety of Kheeranand.
Main Ingredient: Milk & Rice | Course: Dessert
- Cook Time: 20-30 mins
- Level of Cooking: Medium
- Taste: Sweet
- Milk – 1 litre
- Rice – 125 grams
- Sugar – 190 grams
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Saffron (Kesar) – a pinch
- Pistachios and Almonds – 2 tablespoon (chopped)
- Boil the Milk first.
- Wash the Rice flakes well and then add them to Milk.
- Let them cook on medium flame while stirring continuously.
- Then add Sugar, Saffron and Dry Fruits to it and wait for another 3-4 boils while stirring it continuously still.
- You can then switch off the flame and add Ghee to it.
- Give it a quick mix. Serve it with some chopped Dry Fruits on it. Enjoy it as you want! (Have you tried this yummy Homemade Orange Cake Recipe?)
- We are stirring the preparation continuously so that no milk sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- You can use a heavy bottomed appliance to avoid the milk sticking to the bottom.
- Do not apply too much pressure while washing rice.
- You can enjoy this dish both cold and hot. It tastes amazing either way! (Check out these yummy Strawberry treats, and surprise your loved ones)