It’s Pasta time! The one thing which I like to cook the most in ‘My Engineer’s Kitchen’ is ‘Paastaaa’. Yes! The excitement for making Pasta is that high. I simply love it when my family members ask me to cook Pasta for them. Personally, I am more fond of the White Sauce Creamy Pasta, in comparison to the Red Sauce one.
The very basic thing that I have understood after cooking Pasta for a number of times is that the Pasta should be taken care at the very initial step when we begin. A lot of times I have observed that not boiling them properly has created problems for me, in the later stages. It is not much troublesome, but then, yes, if you boil your Pasta perfectly, the consistency you will arrive at, in the end, would be simply delighting!
Preparing Pasta is not rocket science. However, it is not that easy also. One has to ensure that few steps in the preparation are adhered to properly, in order to have a plateful of savoury Pasta as you end.
Also, boiling them properly would help us save ourselves from indigestion, gastric issues and other such things. Consuming raw, or half-boiled Pasta is considered quite unhealthy, and hence I present to you a list of very simple steps which you should consider while you decide to make Pasta next time!
Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Level of Cooking: Easy
- Pasta – 2 Cups
- Water – 4 Cups
- Salt – ½ Teaspoon
- Oil – 1 Teaspoon
- Add Water to a pan.
- Add Salt and Oil to the Water.
- Once the Water comes to a boil, add Pasta to it.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it be for 15 minutes.
- After 5 minutes drain out the excess Water.
- Your boiled Pasta is ready. Add it with your favourite gravy and enjoy it.
How to Check if Pasta has Boiled or not?
- Take out a piece of Pasta out, and press it. If it is easily pressed or easily smudged; it is well cooked.
- If it can’t be easily pressed, then boil it for another 5 minutes till the time Pasta can be easily pressed.
Or if you are more of a Maggi fan, that you can skip cooking Pasta, you can well choose and end up preparing a plate of Crispy Maggi Noodles!