Pyaz Ka Pakoda Recipe: Monsoon season is here and so is the time to savour a delicious plateful of Pyaz Pakoda. It’s rainy season and everyone craves for tasty food items. There are a lot of yummy recipes that one can prepare in these times. I wanted to make something special this season, and thought what better could it be then Pyaz Ka Pakoda. To make it more special, I decided to make not one, but 10 different/unique Pakora recipes, which I am sure you people will love it.
I have started this ‘Special Pakoda Recipe Collection’ with the ‘Pyaz Ke Pakode’ recipe as I feel it is one of the simplest Pakora recipes one can make. Also, a lot of people prefer to have Pyaz Pakodi over any other variety of Pakode. True, isn’t it? Also Try: Chinese Idli Pakoda Recipe: Latest Fusion Recipe To Relish This Festive Season With Family Over Tea!
Well, it is a very easy-to-make Pakoda recipe, and requires less time to make it. Also, this Pyaz Pakode Recipe doesn’t require fancy ingredients that make it difficult to prepare. Read this delicious recipe of Pyaz Pakode and let me know if you make it.
- Course: Snacks/Starters
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Level of Cooking: Medium
- Onions – 2 (Thinly Chopped)
- Gram Flour (Besan) – ¾ Cup
- Rice Flour – ¼ Cup
- Water – 2 Cup
- Salt – As per taste
- Garlic Powder – 1 Teaspoon
- Carom Seeds (Ajwain) – ½ Teaspoon
- Asafoetida (Hing) – ¼ Teaspoon
- Dry Mango (Amchur) Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – ½ Teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ Teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2 (Finely chopped; Optional)
- Oil – For frying purpose
- Chaat Masala – As per taste (Optional)
Watch Video Recipe Of Pyaz ke Pakode: Try This Tasty Crispy Onion Pakora At Home This Monsoon
- Take a bowl. Add Salt, Garlic Powder, Carom Seeds, Red Chilli Powder, Turmeric Powder, Hing, and Amchur, to the finely chopped Onions.
- Mix them well so that the spices are coated well on Onions.
- Add Gram Flour and Rice Flour to the mixture and give it a nice mix again.
- Leave it idle for 20 minutes.
- Later, add some Water to the batter and use your hands to mix it well. Meanwhile keep the Oil on gas stove to fry the Pakodas.
- When the Oil has started to simmer on stove, add another 1 ½ tablespoon of Oil to the batter and mix it well.
- Next, take small portions of the batter and drop them carefully in medium-hot Oil.
- Keep stirring the Pakodas occasionally so that they do not stick with each other.
- Take them out on an absorbent paper when they turn golden brown in colour.
- Sprinkle some Chaat Masala on them and enjoy hot Onion Pakodas with Tea! Quick recipe: Green Chutney Recipe: Step-by-Step Guide To Prepare Mint Coriander Chutney Easily
- You can alter the spices based on your flavours/taste preferences.
- Well speaking of Pakodas and not talking about Chai is injustice no? Well, here’s your Chai recipe too.
- Do not remove it too early as it will remain uncooked or too late as it will get burnt/overcooked. Also Read: Paneer Parcel Recipe: Prepare This Savoury Dish On Independence Day, and Relish The Monsoon Season!
Do try this recipe at home and let me know how it turned out for you. For me, it turned out to be awesome. If you have any questions regarding the recipe of Pyaz Ka Pakoda, do let me know in the comments section below. You can also connect with me on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. I’ll be happy to answer your queries. Till then, Happy Eating!